Tuesday, August 19, 2008

...They Were All Amazed.

On the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue. Many people were there; and when they heard him, they were all amazed. “Where did he get all this?” they asked. “What wisdom is this that has been given him? How does he perform miracles? Isn't he the carpenter, the son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon? Aren't his sisters living here?”
And so they rejected him. Mark 6:2-3 GNB

Many times throughout the scriptures we see people amazed at the work of God; can you imagine what it would have been like to witness your city walls crumble at God’s command – how about watching a pillar of fire lead a group of people through the dessert or to watch Jesus re-attach the ear of one of your fellow enlisted men. Good news, Jesus is still doing great works in our midst today!

In fact, I have experienced first hand His great and marvelous power, for example: in 2005, I was told that I was dying of heart failure and that I desperately need a heart transplant if I was going to live. On Aug. 28th ’05 I was admitted into the hospital and no one was sure if I would go home again. But God had a plan that was beyond human wisdom! I left that hospital exactly two weeks later with my original heart in tact and with the word miracle being accepted by some. By the end of Feb. ’06, I was removed from the transplant list completely and to this day I have a clean bill of health and even some of the medical professionals admitting that a miracle has taken place – there is a lot more details to this story but I want to get to my bigger point.

As I read the above verse, I was hit by the fact that those who just moments ago amazed at Jesus now rejected Him with such firmness that He had to leave the city. That same spirit was and is at work within those who insist that what has happened to me is just “luck” or the “great work of the doctors” – just a quick side note: if God chooses to use the medical profession or to just apply His touch to the situation, that’s His right and I say praise God in both situations! We spend too much time debating how God works. He is in charge of everything and if you are told you are going to die and then you are told your are going to live…that is a miracle and miracles are of God—nothing else.

When you witness something that is so mind blowing that it is outside human normalcy, give God the glory and don’t try to “figure it out”. If we look closely at this situation it is easy to see what happened, they reasoned with the mind of man and with five quick questions they rejected not just the miracles and amazing authority with which Jesus operated but Him personally – how tragic!

Many around me have said with amazement that something great has taken place within my physical body but when I tell them who is behind the miracle they have reasoned it away and rejected Him.

Consider again those things which you have witnessed and thought to be miraculous but eventually blew off as just luck or coincidence because of your or someone else’s “great reasoning” and give GOD THE CREDIT AND GLORY HE DESERVES!

Wag

No comments: