Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm Sorry!

I wrote this blog some time ago but in light of my last post, I felt compelled to post it again here...

To all survivors of - 9/11; hurricane Katrina; the tsunami; the war on terror; the Amish slayings and most recently, the Carolina beach fire.

To the homosexual community.

To those whose innocence was stolen while abused at the hand of those who were called to show the way.

To those who have been judged instead of supported with grace.

To single moms who have been shunned instead of girded.

To the many other groups and/or individuals I have not mentioned here by name...

I'M SORRY!

Let me explain, I am a Christian leader and I have been very frustrated for some time about comments and protests that have been made "in the name of God" by those of the Christian faith who claim to represent Him in the vocational capacity. I am not going to name any certain group, individual or denomination as that would simply add to the problem. I must also confess that in the past, I too have made judgments and held to certain opinions that I am now ashamed of.

In my frustration I have said many times… "When are we (Christian leaders) going to shut up about 'God's judgments' and tell of His love and acceptance when it comes to tragedy's" (natural or caused by man). I feel so hurt, ashamed and sad every time that some "pastor" or group of "Christian protestors" stands by and boldly proclaims that the reason for any of these events (esp. those mentioned above) is because God is mad at our sin and has unleashed His fury upon certain groups of people as a result.

I am not trying to promote anything with this letter other than to say that GOD IS NOT MAD AT YOU, HE LOVES YOU AND HE WANTS YOU!

To any who will read this and say, "Yea right, I've heard this before"… unfortunately, you're right and again – I'M SORRY!

I simply ask that you would not hold God accountable for any of these tragedies and especially for the misrepresentation of Him, by His servants. We are only human and full of sin like everybody else. Please reconsider your opinion of the God who loves you enough that He sent His only Son to die on your behalf so that you could be forgiven and find love, hope, freedom, wholeness and purpose!

God loves you and so do I!

I hate to use a title, but I want to close with mine so that you will know that not all Christians or pastors hate you or agree with the hurtfully wrong things said in the past days, months and years…

In His love,
pastor Adam

No comments: